Christmas Recap

source
  Hey, y'all! Things have been slow and quit around here lately, so I thought I'd fill everyone in! I took two weeks away from the blog and all social media just to spend time with Chris and our families. It was just what I needed. But so much has happened in those two weeks, so time to dish!

Obligatory cat picture.
Abi climbing wrapping paper mountain.


  Here are most of the books I got for Christmas! I'm still waiting on some books to arrive that I ordered with gift card I received!

Matched by Ally Condie, Jackaby by William Ritter, Frozen by Melissa de la Cruz and Michael Johnston, The Luxe by Anna Godbersen, The List by Siobhan Vivian, Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher, The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse, The Giver Quartet Boxset by Lois Lowry, The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith, Hate List by Jennifer Brown, Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard, and The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith.

  The books I'm waiting on are Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard, They All Fall Down by Roxanne St. Clair, and Get Even by Gretchen McNeil.

  Notice the adorable bookish cat bookends? Chris picks out the best gifts, y'all! He even got me a pair of Hobbit House Slippers from ThinkGeek. SQUEE! (I haven't taken them off since Christmas Morning. No judgement.)

I joined in SO many swaps for Christmas! But it was so much fun. I'm so glad I got to meet the bloggers and make new friends!

 I was paired up with Stephanie from Once Upon A Chapter, and she spoiled me! It was so exciting to know that each morning I had a new gift waiting on me! There were so many great things in my package; Harry Potter candles, books, and TEA! There was even a present for Abi. Thank you so much, Stephanie! You rocked my socks!

The Broke and  the Bookish Secret Santa
Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
So. I squealed with glee when I got this box and immediately began reading the books included! Only one of them was on my wishlist, but I think Jennifer has some spidey sense because she sent book that are all AMAZING for me! I've read 3 of the 5 now, and I've loved them all! I didn't even snap a picture before I started reading. :/ Shame on me, I know! But I'm so thankful to have met Jennifer from Inner Workings of the Female Mind through these swaps! We were paired up for 3 or 4 different swaps, and I have enjoyed making a new friend!

Becoming Books Secret Santa Book Exchange
Hosted by Becoming Books
This book is so pretty in person. A picture simply does not do it justice! Thank you, Sarah!

The Belles Book Exchange
Hosted by The Book Belles and Beauty and the Bookshelf
Sarah from Simply Reading absolutely spoiled me! And her wrapping paper was SO pretty!
Thanks, Sarah!

Shew! I feel out of breath after recapping all of that! 
Did everyone have a wonderful holiday season?!

14 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful holiday. I love the slippers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Hobbit slippers are amazing! Great haul!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those slippers! I'm also waiting on my copy of They All Fall Down, I'm excited for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a pretty book! After I knock out a few of my current reads, I'm going to start it! Fingers crossed that it's a good read for both of us!

      Delete
  4. Next year I MUST do a swap. It looks like so much fun and you got some great things there :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must, my dear! They're SO much fun! I recommend any that the ladies from Chaotic Goddess Swaps host. :)

      Delete
  5. WOW- what great hauls and fun times! Those Hobbit slippers crack me up, and the Harry Potter candles make me happy. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything that I got makes me SO happy! The slippers are my favorite, though! They're SO cozy. I haven't even tried to burn the candles yet because they're pretty to look at. Hah.

      Delete
  6. Those area awesome slippers. I wouldn't take them off either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just recently stumbled upon Jackaby and the minute I saw that cover I was sold. I was so happy when the synopsis also sounded really good. Have you read this one yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't yet, but I'm going to soon! I loooove the blurb for it. Really excited to read it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...