Waiting on Wednesday: Devoted by @jenmathieu

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.
It spotlights upcoming releases that we're excited about!

Devoted by Jennifer Mathieu
June 2nd, 2015
Rachel Walker is devoted to God. She prays every day, attends Calvary Christian Church with her family, helps care for her five younger siblings, dresses modestly, and prepares herself to be a wife and mother who serves the Lord with joy. But Rachel is curious about the world her family has turned away from, and increasingly finds that neither the church nor her homeschool education has the answers she craves. Rachel has always found solace in her beliefs, but now she can’t shake the feeling that her devotion might destroy her soul.
Why I can't wait for Devoted:
I was really lucky to read an ARC of Devoted, and I cannot put into words how amazing this book is. Jennifer Mathieu blew me away with The Truth About Alice, but she absolutely outdid herself with Devoted. It's less about religious cults and more about finding yourself in the midst of heartbreaking circumstances. You do not want to miss this book, y'all! 
What are you waiting on?

3 comments:

  1. I read The Truth About Alice last year and really liked it. I never actually knew that there was a new book coming from here - I definitely need to add this one to my goodreads right now.
    Thanks for sharing this and have a good Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is new to me, different to what I would normally read! Enjoy reading it :-) Hope you're having a great day! Here's my WoW if you would like to check it out :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...